Dish ready in – 1 hr 45 mins
Serve to – 2-3 adults
Tulsi Ajwain Mahi Tikki recipe
- half kg river sole fish
- 2 tbsp basil paste
- 2 pinches of ajwain
- 2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 10 gms cardamom powder
- 200 gms hung curd
- 50 gms dairy cream
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- One lemon and fresh corriander leves
- Take the fish and wash it clean and cut into tikki pieces.
- Mix with salt, ginger, garlic and lemon juice and rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Take the curd and mix it well with all the spices.
- Add the fish pieces mix to it and marinate for 1 hour.
- For cooking, take a portable tandoori cooker and bring to heat.
- Take the skewers and punch into the tikki pieces andplace on the tandoor or oven.
- Turn it regularly until it turns light brown in color. Keep cooking for about 10 mins evenly.
- Keep brushing oil and cook evenly till soft and brown.
- Shift the skewers in a serving dish and sqeeze the lemon on the tikkis.
- Serve hot with mint chutney/fresh corriander leaves.