Dish ready in – 1 hour 20 mins
Serve to – 3-4 adults
Sheer Khurma Recipe
- Milk 1 litre
- Dates- 10-12 pieces
- 200 g condensed milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup vermicelli
- ¼ cup sugar ,or sugarfree can also be used
- 7-8 strands of saffron
- 100 gm dry fruits (almonds, pistachio, and cashew nuts, kishmish) rough crushed
- Rose petals
- Take a pan and fry the roast the vermicelli in ghee. Cook till light brown. Keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of milk in a small bowl and add the saffron to it.
- Take another pan, add 1-1/2 cup of milk to it and let it boil.
- Add the cut de-seeded dates to it. Cook till the dates become soft and the milk is reduced. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- Now add the balance milk to the pan and cook till the milk is reduced. Keep stirring to avoid burning of milk.
- Add condensed milk and sugar/sugar free to it and mix properly.
- Once the milk stars reducing, add the roasted vemicelli to the mix and cook for another 7-8 mins. This process may take 20-30 mins to complete. Add the safron and mix.
- Transfer the mix to a serving bowl and garnish with dry fruits. It can be served hot and cold as well. Goes well with bread/puri. Your Sheer Khurma is ready. You can also add rose petals to garnish while serving.