Dish ready in – 1 hr
Serve to – 3-4 adults
Seviyan Kheer recipe (sugar free)
- 100 gms vermicelli
- 50 gms pure ghee
- 1/2 litre toned milk
- 50 gms any sugar free sweetener
- 4-5 green cardamom
- 4-5 cloves
- 15-18 whole almonds
- 15-18 kajus
- 10-12 pistas
- Half fist sultanas / kishmish
- Take a bowl and crush the vermicelli randomly.
- Cut the almonds, kajus and pistas into thick slices.
- Soak the sultana/kismis in warm water and keep aside.
- take a kadhai and heat the ghee and fry the dry fruits. Drain and keep aside.
- Then add the cloves and the cardamom in the ghee and put the vermicelli into it. Mix well to a smooth fry to obtain light brown colour and fragrance.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Keep the flame on medium – low and let cook till the milk thickens.
- Add sugar free and sultanas/ kishmish. Remove from the fire.
- Allow to cool and add the fried dry fruits for garnishing.
- Your Seviyan Kheer is ready to serve.