Dish ready in – 40 to 50 mins
Serve to – 4 adults
Roasted Lamb recipe
- 3-4 sliced onions
- 100 gm sliced celery stalks
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- salt and pepper
- 100 gm sliced carrots
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 50 ml brandy (optional)
- 60 ml oil
- 350 ml brown stock
- 2 tsp corn flour Mint sauce
- 1 large handful mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- Take half the vegetables, herbs and a piece of lamb and place in a bowl. Place the balance lamb over it.
- Then spread the other half of the vegetables and herbs over the lamb meat.
- Pour wine and oil and leave it overnight.
- Then drain the meat 30-40 minutes before cooking.
- Take a pan and heat oil and brown meat before roasting at 200 degrees c for 1-1/2-2 hours.
- Bring to a simmer with stock.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. For thickening, use corn flour water mix.
- Then pound mint leaves with half the sugar.
- Pour in hot water, add the remaining sugar and sharpen with vinegar.
- The roasted lamb and red wine gravy is ready to serve. Garnish with parsely.