Dish ready in – 60 mins
Serve to – 2-3 adults
Mix Sprout Spinach Pulao
- 100 gms bean sprout
- 100 gms chana sprout
- 500 gms rice/brown rice
- 250 gms spinach
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 3-5 cloves
- 2-3 medium sized sliced onions
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4-5 mint leaves finely chopped
- 50 gms of diced green/red/yellow capsicum
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Take the rice in a bowl and wash well, soak the rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
- Put a pan in the stove and heat. Add oil/ghee to it.
- Then add cloves, bay leaves, cumin seeds and saute.
- Now add sliced onion and saute until it turns to golden brown colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for some time.
- Then add the sprouts and spinach and stir well.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves.
- Now add the rice to it and mix well with gentle hands on a low falme for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour enough water to soak the mix for a semi dry-pulao and mix well. Add salt to taste, stir and tightly cover the pan.
- The pulao is cooked when the water perishes.
- Garnish the pulao in a serving bowl with fresh coriander, mint leaves and sprinkle of ghee.
- Serve hot.