Dish ready in – 1 hr
Serve to – 3-4 adults
Gokul Pithe recipe
- 450 gms khoya
- 200 gms coconut, grated
- 2-1/2 tbsp date palm jaggery
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 150 gms flour
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/2 tbsp ghee
- Pinch of sodium bicarbonate
- Take a pan and heat it. Add jaggery and little water. Keep stirring and keep adding water till a good light consistency is obtained.
- Keep it aside to cool.
- Take a pan and add ghee to it.
- Fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar over medium flame. Give good stir.
- Now apply ghee in your hands and roll the mixture into medium size balls and flatten between the palms.
- Now take another bowl and make a batter by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bicarbonate and ghee.
- Heat ghee in a pan for dip fry.
- Now take the balls and dip in the batter.
- Dip fry until golden brown and immerse in the jaggery syrup.
- Your Gokul Pithe is ready to serve.