Dish ready in – 20 mins
Serve to – 2 adults
Fried Sangat (cat fish) recipe
- 4 catfish fillets (150 g) each
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1.First, preheat oven to 400°F (200 degree Centigrade)
2.Take a bowl and mix cornmeal, chilli powder, cumin, coriander, salt (to taste) and pepper in a shallow bowl. Now, coat the catfish fillets in the cornmeal mixture and shake off any excess. Then, slightly coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
3. After that, pour some olive oil and place over medium heat.
4. Now, add the catfish and sauté for about 3-4 minutes per side until catfish starts to brown.
5.After saute, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until the fish pieces flake. Test that with a fork.
6.Then serve immediately with chutney of your choice.