Dish ready in – 40-45 mins
Serve to – 2 adults
Egg Paratha recipe - style street food in India
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (attaa)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken farm eggs
- onions- 1/4 cups finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped (as per taste)
- 2-3 pinches of corriander leaves finely chopped
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Butter 20gms
- Mayonise sauce/Chilli Tomato sauce
The dough making:
1. Take a mixing bowl and add the flour, salt and oil. Knead the mixture to a smooth dough using luke warm water at small intervals.
2. Make 4-5 balls of the dough and rest it for 15 mins.
3. Now, roll the dough balls to shape of your choice by folding to atleast 2-3 folds.
Egg stuffing to the paratha:
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, onion, chilli, corriander leaves, garam masala and salt to a firm and even mix.
2. Now, put the rolled dough ball to the hot tawa and let cook for 1 min. on both sides.
3. Once, you see crispy edge, immediately cut a slit in the edge and pour 1/4th of the mixture inside the paratha and cook nicely with 10 gms of butter on each side.
4. Cook in medium-high flame and keep pressing the paratha and flip over time to time till a even brown colour comes out.
5. Complete the other 3 parathas the same way.
6. Your egg paratha is ready to serve. Serve with chilli tomato or mayonise sauce with a garnish of fresh corriander leaves.