Dish ready in – 1 hr 30 mins
Serve to – 3-4 adults
Dahi vada recipe
- 1 full cup Urad dal soaked for 5 hrs before cooking.
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of baking soda
- Cooking Oil
- 250 gms plain yogurt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp green coriander chutney
- 2 tbsp tamarind Date chutney
- Fresh corrianger leaves for garnishing
- Take the soaked Urad dal and make a smooth paste out of it with water as per required consistency.
- To it, add chopped green chillies, salt and baking soda. Mix well and beat it till the batter gets light and fluffy.
- Dip fry vadas out of the paste till they are golden brown in colour.
- Once fried, soak the vadas in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Drain out he excess water by lightly pressing vada in your palm.
- Take a plate and put green chutney on it.
- Arrange the squeezed vadas over the chutney and add the dahi mixture over it.
- Drizzle tamarind-date chutney for taste.
- Garnish with chopped fresh corriander leaves and serve. It tastes better when the yougurt is kept in refrigerator before serving.