Dish ready in – 1 hr
Serve to – 2-3 adults
Basanti Pulao recipe
- 2.5-3 Cups Basmati rice
- 25-30 Cashew nuts
- 25-30 Raisins
- Vegetable oil
- 2 nos cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom seeds
- 3-4 Cloves
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- 2-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Desi ghee
- Take the rice and wash it nicely. Mix teh wet rice with tuyrmeric and ghee and keep to rest for 10-15 mins.
- Take a pan and heat ghee and oil mix.
- Fry the raisins and cashews in it. Keep the fries aside once done.
- Add more ghee into the pan and when heated add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to it.
- Add the grated ginger and fry a little.
- Take the rice in the pan and Pour 6 cups of warm water along with the salt and sugar. Cook gently, cover the lid and keep checking time to time.
- When the water dries up and the rice is well-cooked add the cashews and raisins.
- Add more ghee for flavour and cover the pot. Turn of the flame.
- Hot Basanti pulao is ready to serve.