Dish ready in – 30-35 mins
Serve to – 4 adults
Banarasi Dum Aloo recipe
- 1 Tbsp Khus Khus
- 1 Cup Oil
- 20 Nos Baby Potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp cooking Oil
- 1-2 Nos Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Black crushed Cardamom
- Corriander leaves
- Take a bowl and soak and grind the khus khus.
- Peel and pricked baby potatoes in a pan full of hot oil.
- Dip fry them and keep rotating the sides till golden brown.
- Take another pan and heat with oil and saute bay leaf.
- Add the tomato puree to it and mix it well.
- Heat the mix to simmer and then add the khus khus paste.
- Mix it well and add salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Mix well and bring to simmer. Cook till oil surfaces.
- To the above, add fried baby potatoes to the gravy and mix well.
- Then transfer it to a pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle.
- Then let the cooker cool down a bit and open the lid. Then add crushed black cardamom to the Dum Aloo and mix well
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves and serve the dish hot with steamed rice or Puris.