Dish ready in – 45 mins
Serve to – 2 adults
Andhra Pan Fried Pomfret Recipe
- 300-400 gms white pomfret fish ( 2 medium size fish)
- 2-3 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Lemon Juice (2 lemons)
- 2-3 Green chilli
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Take a bowl and clean the pomfret fishes with water. Optional ( to make gashes on both sides of the fish).
- Make the masala out of the spices and ginger/garlic paste. Apply the masala paste on the fish making sure to push the masala inside the gashes. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. When the oil is hot, gently place the pomfret and fry for 1-2 minutes on one side.
- After 2 minutes, flip the fish gently and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving dish, squeeze some lemon juice, red chilli powder, fresh coriander and fried curry leaves on the fish and serve hot alongside some sliced onion rings and lemon wedges.